Parents can volunteer in classrooms in lots of different ways. It is not only through reading, writing and maths. You may have a special talent, (like knitting, sewing, cooking, gardening, dancing, building/creating, sport, music and so forth). We would love to see our parents in our classrooms sharing their skills and talents!!
Each year we offer training courses for parents to participate in which cover topics including:
• Providing positive reinforcement
• Being a Positive Role Model
• Supporting Students with Literacy, Numeracy and social skills
• Understanding your own skills and strengths
• Obtaining a Working With Children’s Check
• Check out our up and coming events on the weekly newsletter for the next Training session or call the school office to enquire.